So Darshan Chakra Kriya
This is an extremely powerful meditation, that when done regularly may cure a terrific amount in your psyche and emotions! It takes a little while to get all the parts working together, but once you’ve got it down, it’s really, really worth it!
To do it, please:
- Easier Method: Pull your navel all the way in with each full mental recitation of the mantra Whahey Guru, and then release your navel. Do this for a total of 16 times on each in-held breath.
- More challenging Method: When your full breath is held in, pull your navel in 1/3 while you mentally say “Wha;” then 1/3 more in when you say “Hey;” then pull your navel all the way in when you say “Guru.” With your same breath still held in, release the navel and begin again. Do this process 16 times on each in-held breath. Honestly, with practice, it can be done quite well!
- A Tip for Counting Your 16 repetitions: On your left hand, on your first navel pump/mantra, put the tip of your thumb on the tip of your little finger. At the next navel pump/mantra put the tip of your thumb to the middle segment of your little finger. At the third pump/mantra put your thumb to the bottom finger segment, and on the fourth pump/mantra, put your thumb on the pad on your palm just below that finger. That makes 4 repetitions. Then continue counting down the 4 parts of your ring finger all the way down as before, then all the way down the middle finger, and finally all the way down your pointer finger. Since you are counting 4 times on each of 4 fingers, you are counting 16 repetitions (4x4=16).
- Sit straight and tune in. (Please click the underlined text to learn how!)
- Focus your eyes at the tip of your nose.
- Open your right hand and use your right thumb to block your right nostril.
- Inhale deeply through your left nostril.
- As you hold your breath in, do a combination of pumping your navel (pulling it in and releasing it) in combination with mentally chanting “Wahey Guru”* 16 times on one in-held breath. There are two different ways to do this. You choose:
- For the exhale: with the little finger of the right hand, close your left nostril and exhale through your right nostril.
- Then inhale as described above through your left nostril, and continue the kind of navel pumping that you choose associated with the mantra for 16 times on each in-held breath. Then exhale again through your right nostril.
- And continue in this way for your choice of 3 min, 11 min., 31 min., or 62 min. Doing this for any of these lengths of time daily, especially 62 minutes will bring you great support and change for the best as you work into this Kriya! You can choose to do it for 40 days to change a habit or 1,000 days to master it!
- When you have finished your time, inhale completely through both nostrils. Hold the breath in while you shake every bit of your body, leaving nothing un-shook! Then exhale. Repeat this a second time, and relax! You’ve done it!
*Whahey Guru--you might translate this as "Wow God!" or the great ecstasy of that which changes dark to light.